One of my business colleagues posted a quick tip on improving your website SEO for your business. The tactic focuses on adding content to your website that is of interest to search engines based on questions real people are asking. So how do you find the questions to answer for your website SEO project? According to our friend Dean Hua, a good place to start your project is Quora which helps you identify the questions to answer in your content.
Quora is a question-and-answer site where questions are asked, answered, edited, and organized by its community of users. Its publisher, Quora Inc., is based in Mountain View, California.
Intrigued, I decided to check it out. I found it is a very useful resource for website SEO as suggested. For example, here’s an answer I found pertaining to the question, What do the best salespeople know that the rest of us don’t?
- Best time to cold call: between 4:00-5:00pm followed by 8:00-10:00am; worst time to call is 11:00am and 2:00pm according to InsideSales and Kellogg School of Business.
- Best day to prospect: Thursday and the second best day is Wednesday; Tuesday is the worst day according to InsideSales.
- Cold Calling: In 2007, to reach a prospect it took 3.7 cold call attempts (on average); it takes 8 attempts today according to TeleNet and Ovation Sales Group.
- Presentations: 63% of participants remember stories; about 5% remember statistics according to Chip and Dan Heath.
- Purchasing Decisions: about 7% of people make purchases to solve problems; 30% make decisions to gain something according to Impact Communications.
- Customer Retention: business lose 10 to 25% of there customers each year according to Chron Small Business.
- Objections: those that buy have over 50% more objections than prospects who don’t; more objections allow more opportunities to offer solutions to solve problems.
- Why do they buy? #1 reason is not service, selection, quality or price; it is your confidence according to Guerrilla Selling. I’ll add that your knowledge of your prospective customers’ business is also on the top of the list given the more you know about their business, the more you can relate to solving their problems.
NOTE: the above bullet list is a summary of the answer to the question; and a bit modified. There are dozens of answers you can review for that question.
OK, back to work. It’s 8:00am on Thursday – the best time and day to prospect after all!