As a SCORE blogger, I often read the articles published by fellow bloggers. Julie Brander over at SCORE’s Women’s Success blog posted these success tips, which I enjoyed reading so I’m passing them along with one of my own:
6 Tips for Success
- Passion: If you don’t love what you do then you need to seriously think about doing something else. Work never feels like work if you love your job.
- People: Surround yourself with bright, energetic, optimistic people. Choose people who can get things done. Never work with anyone who causes you stress.
- Planning: Always update your plan. Be aware of all aspects of your business and respond to the changes in your customer needs, the market and the finances.
- Persistence: Continue to work your plan and never give up. Be open to change. If one thing doesn’t work try something else.
- Personal well being: It is important to take a break, a day or two off and revitalize yourself so that you can mentally get back into the focus of the business.
- Profits: You are in business to make a profit. Staying on top of the business and being aware of where the profits are. Know who your best customers are and nurture those relationships so that your company will continue to grow and be profitable. (From: Julie Brander, New Haven SCORE | View other posts by Julie Brander)
And, I’ll add one of my own to Julie’s success tips to make it a lucky 7:
7. Prioritize and Delegate: In a world of endless tasks and information, quickly grasping what is or isn’t a priority is key. And, it is a common characteristic among the most successful business owners. They know what’s important and how to delegate what’s not – you can too.