Can I export my LinkedIn contacts (names, email addresses, etc.)? Yes, to some extent.
How do I export my LinkedIn contacts (connections)?
(last updated: August 2015)
I was able to export my LinkedIn contacts and so can you; it is relatively easy to export your contacts (or connections) from your LinkedIn account. However, you can only export your LinkedIn 1st level connections and limited information pertaining to each connection.
The LinkedIn contacts export includes names and email addresses. Therefore, you can send an email to all of your contacts outside of LinkedIn. For this reason it is wise to export your LinkedIn contacts every now and then.
To export the contact or connections information from LinkedIn to a file, follow these step-by-step instructions:
- Logon to LinkedIn, go to your LinkedIn home page (usually where you start when you login)
- Once logged into LinkedIn, paste this URL into your browser or just click the link: https://www.linkedin.com/contacts/manage_sources/
- On the right hand sidebar, look for Advanced Settings
- Click on Export LinkedIn Connections
- Selected your desired file format and save the file on your computer – done!
If you exported a .CSV file (comma separated values), you can import that file into a host of email marketing software programs (we recommend aWeber), spreadsheets and databases. The last time I checked, the LinkedIn exported file fields included:
- First name
- Last name
- Email Address
- Job title
Have questions or would you prefer we do this for you? We provide social networking and LinkedIn training on a regular basis – let us know if we can help.