Where’s the growth? One way to research current industry trends is to take a look at the franchise market. And, Entrepreneur magazine has the trends with their recently released 31st annual Franchise 500 list. This year 10 fitness companies are recognized.
The top spot for fitness franchises goes to Jazzercise Inc. at No. 18 overall on the list. The other fitness companies in the top 500 include:
- Anytime Fitness at No. 43
- Snap Fitness at No. 51
- Gold’s Gym International at No. 109
- Fitness Together at No. 118
- The Little Gym at No. 141
- Planet Fitness at No. 157
- My Gym Children’s Fitness Center at No. 208
- LA Boxing Franchise Corp. at No. 427, and
- Personal Training Institute at No. 451.
Competition is fierce with new fitness facilities in almost every shopping center. In fact, Curves (number 2 on the list in 2004-2005) didn’t even make this year’s Top 500. It fell to number 381 last year.