ARC Loan Application Processing Info
Is your business applying for an ARC Loan? If so, you’ll need a DUNS number. To process applications for SBA’s ARC Loan Program, small businesses need to provide their existing DUNS number or obtain one for their business entity. DUNS numbers are needed to obtain the credit score required for loan processing. How do you get a DUNS number for your business? Read the following instructions provided to us by the Small Business Administration (SBA):
SMALL BUSINESS ADMINISTRATION
Instructions for Small Businesses to Obtain a DUNS Number for an America’s Recovery Capital (ARC) Loan Application
To process applications for SBA’s ARC Loan Program, small businesses need to provide their existing DUNS number or obtain one for their business entity. DUNS numbers are needed to obtain the credit score required for loan processing. DUNS numbers are provided by D&B at no cost.
What is a Data Universal Numbering System (DUNS) Number?
The DUNS number is a unique nine-digit identification number provided by Dun & Bradstreet. The DUNS Number is location-specific. Therefore, each distinct physical location of your business (such as plants, branches, divisions, or headquarters) is assigned a separate DUNS number.
How do I obtain a DUNS Number as part of the application for an SBA ARC Loan?
Your first step is to verify whether you already have a DUNS number, because if you already have one for your location, it’s not necessary to request a new one. Follow these instructions to verify whether you have an existing DUNS number or to obtain a new one over the internet or by telephone. Have the following information handy in case you need to obtain a new DUNS number:
- Legal Name
- Headquarters name and address for your business
- Doing Business As (DBA) or other name by which your business is commonly recognized
- Physical Address, City, State and Zip Code
- Mailing Address (if separate from Headquarters and/or physical address)
- Telephone Number
- Contact Name and Title
- Number of Employees at your physical location
DUNS number via the internet:
- Copy and paste the following website URL into your internet browser or click the link: https://fedgov.dnb.com/webform
- Follow the instructions to enter country, business details, and carefully enter the verification code (using upper and lower case letters, plus numbers).
- If you see your business and location listed:
- Select Request your Existing D-U-N-S number and fill in your contact information on the next screen.
- Select Federal Government Grantee or Applicant.
- Use the check boxes to record your responses, enter the verification code, and Click Submit.
- You will quickly receive your DUNS number by email from firstname.lastname@example.org with the subject: Requested DUNS number.
- If your business and location is not listed, click Request a New DUNS number at the bottom of the page and follow the steps.
Requests for a new DUNS number via the internet take about 1 business day. There is no cost to obtain a DUNS number on the internet.
DUNS number via telephone:
- If your business location is outside the continental United States, Puerto Rico, or U.S. Virgin Islands, and you call the D&B toll free number, you will be directed to the above website URL.
- If your business location is inside the continental United States, Puerto Rico, or U.S. Virgin Islands, you may call D&B’s toll-free telephone number to verify your DUNS number or obtain a new one over the phone: 866-705-5711
You will first hear a voice recording. Wait until you hear menu options and press the option for your location inside the United States, Puerto Rico, or U.S. Virgin Islands. Then press menu option 5 (callers associated with Federal loans) to speak to a D&B representative. Mention to the D&B representative that you are an applicant for an SBA ARC loan and ask them to verify whether you already have a DUNS number. If you do not have one, the D&B representative will ask you for information to establish one for you on the phone and provide it to you.
Requests for new DUNS number via phone usually take about 5-10 minutes. There is no cost to obtain a DUNS number by telephone. When you receive a DUNS number for your business and location, provide it to your commercial lender, who will append it to your ARC Loan application.