AIM Custom Media News/SCORE PR/Washington, D.C.—SCORE “Counselors to America’s Small Business” announces the new “SCORE Ask an Expert Blog” at the SCORE Web site, www.score.org. Five SCORE experts offer their tips, insights and answers to questions from entrepreneurs across America.
Comments and questions from blog visitors are welcome. The blog Web site address is http://askanexpert.score.org. The first blog entries highlight free business resources, start-up financing tips, and details about the SBA’s Community Express loan program.
Meet SCORE’s bloggers:
- Steve Bloom, Atlanta SCORE, www.scoreatlanta.org.Steve Bloom started several business ventures in mortgage banking, real estate development and management, importing, sign manufacturing, and business consulting. He has invested in several start-ups and helped in turning around a factoring company and distressed real estate properties. He is the past chapter chair for Atlanta SCORE, which won SCORE National Chapter of the Year honors in 2008.
- Jerry Chautin, Manasota SCORE in Sarasota, Fla., www.score-suncoast.org. Jerry Chautin’s entrepreneurial career was in commercial mortgage banking, business lending and commercial real estate. He founded a mortgage and business-lending firm and a seminar company that produced educational programs related to real estate and business financing. Since 1993, he has been advising SCORE client on perfecting their business plans and obtaining financing. In 2006, he was named the SBA’s Small Business Journalist of the Year.
- Bill Haman, Greater Cincinnati SCORE, www.scorechapter34.org. Bill Haman grew his company, Advance Finishing, from $500,000 to nearly $5 million in revenue. During his tenure, the company designed, planned and coordinated the relocation of the business to a facility five times larger while maintaining all orders on schedule and retaining all employees. He also was an executive at Avon for 10 years and honored as the #1 Division Sales Manager in the nation. Bill is a past chapter chair for Greater Cincinnati SCORE.
- Greg Magnus, Richmond SCORE, www.richmondscore.org. Greg Magnus is a seasoned publisher and online marketing expert with more than 20 years of consulting and entrepreneurial experience. He serves as president of AIM Custom Media where he develops online marketing campaigns. As a mentor at Richmond SCORE, Greg helps clients understand online marketing and provides advice on Web site development, blogging, social networking and Web 2.0.
- Alvin Roselin, New York City SCORE, www.scorenyc.org. Alvin Roselin founded and sold Planned Communications Services, Inc., a New York City marketing communications company specializing in all forms of media. The company produces and distributes message films, including public service announcements, video news releases, infomercials, corporate sales films and syndicated TV programs. Alvin is the past chapter chair and current district director of New York City SCORE.
Since 1964, SCORE “Counselors to America’s Small Business” has helped more than 8 million aspiring entrepreneurs and small business owners through counseling and business workshops. More than 11,200 volunteer business counselors in 370 chapters serve their communities through entrepreneur education dedicated to the formation, growth and success of small businesses.
SCORE contact: Michael L. Keaton, Director of Communications, 202/205-7637; email@example.com.
AIM Custom Media contact: Greg Magnus, Custom Publisher, 804/915-7379.